[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Annual Haul Out

Anne and John Hollamby <hollamby@...>

Message text written by INTERNET:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
<
Hi Gary,
I have printed your advice for when we haul out in two months time. One
word of warning about the anode in the Onan heat exchanger.
I forgot to replace the anode and when I checked it after 30 months I found
that it had disintegrated and worse still, the outboard end plate had
become dezincified and cracked from one side to the other. Fortunately the
rubber seal had stopped a potentially dangerous leak. The easiest way to
check it out or service the heat exchanger is to remove it completely.

Best wishes from Malta, John Hollamby Bali Hai,
SM 319