From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alain Feuillet
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:45 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel] Re: MAIN OUTHAUL LINE

Hi George,
I had to change the outhaul line recently. It is not so difficult. The tip
is:
- to position the cart against the stop near the mast and to attach it
temporarily, as tight as possible and with no elongation (I used an exotic
fiber), to the mast with a line.
- to fix (definitively) an extemity of the new line to the rear of the cart
- to pass the line in the free pulley and to come back to the driving pulley
- to pretension the outhaul line as much as reasonable using the driving
pulley/outhaul motor
- at that time, you can definitively attach the second extremity of the line
to the front of the cart with a normal tension.
That's it. When you release the tension, you can remove the temporary line
and the pretension is in the new line.
Hope it is understandable. In my case, it worked well.
Fair winds
Alain
PILGRIM SM n°26