From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of Paul LaFrance
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 3:37 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel] Companionway external lock and veneer problem

Eric
We have had one made. We are in St Martin and can show you it. we will be
here for 2 weeks,

Paul LaFrance
SV NOMAD SM #362

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: kimberlite@...
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 22:57:03 -0500

Sorry,

I did not know how the album thing works. The photos are filed not under
Kimberlite but Companionway.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

Someone posted a question about a extra lock for the companionway .
When I was touring the factory when Kimberlite was being built I saw
something on the parts shelf that I could not identify. It was a locking
plate for the companionway..
It is made of a highly polished plate of stainless that has a "U" shaped
bend at the top.
The "u" goes over the lip on the top of the horizontal sliding hatch on the
companionway. The majority of the plate covers about 10 inches of the
vertical sliding door and the lock.
There are 2 holes in the plate that allow 2 pins attached to the boat to go
through the plate and 2 locks are attached. The photos are difficult to
interpret as the plate has a mirror finish and the reflections are almost
impossible to separate from the plate itself.
The photos are posted in the Kimberlite file.

On a separate issue. The veneer on the vertical portion of the companionway
on Kimberlite is delaminating.
Has anyone addressed this problem.
Fair winds
Kimberlite