[Amel] Re: Efector Anchor Chain Counter Sensor

Anne & John,

I have not experienced any difference in counting accuracy when changing directions.

I assume that you are running the chain out with the motor rather than slipping the clutch. If you slip the clutch the counter will not count.

If I had experienced what you have stated I would check the clearance from the magnetic button to the sensor. Should be it should be about 8mm to 10mm clearance. I would also check to see if there is any looseness on the windlass shaft caused by worn bearings. If all of this checks out, my guess is that it may be time to replace the sensor.

Hope this helps.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387

--- In amelyachtowners@..., " Anne and John Hollamby" <annejohnholl@...> wrote:

Hello Bill,
My original chain counter is accurate whist raising the anchor but very inaccurate when running the chain out. I have always assumed that it could not count fast enough when the chain is running out. Have you any comments/advice please.

Anne and John, Bali Hai, SM 319