Fresh water pump pressure problem

Martin <yachtcaduceus@...>

After 5 years of faultless service the fresh water pump on our Amel 54 #56 has decided to misbehave; and that just as we are about to leave Fort Lauderdale after weeks spent sorting out other issues. An anyone advise where the problem may be.

The pressure in the water system stays constant at the usual level and is maintained at that level over a period of time, i.e. there are no apparent leaks. When a faucet is opened the pump starts to cut in and out as if working on demand, instead of drawing on the receiver until the pressure drops and then recharging the receiver. I would assume that it is the pressure switch but would be grateful to know if anyone else has seen this problem.

If it is the pressure switch does anyoner know what a suitable replacement sourceable in the USA might be.

Regards,
Martin Bevan
Caduceus 54 #56
Fort Lauderdale, Florida