Re: Securing flooring hatches

Jose Venegas

Sorry guys, after posting it I realize that there was a long series of posts about this topic. So, no need to reply for the locks but any other tips are still appreciated.

Thanks

Jose and Magnolia
Ipanema SM2K 278
In Boston awaiting a June 15th departure.

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Jose" <jvenegas@...> wrote:

We are preparing Ipanema for a trans Atlantic crossing and it is recommended that we secure the flooring hatches. I remember that the newer versions of the SM2000 have some sort of Hatch Latch securing the flooring hatches.
Can somebody kindly show me what they look like and how they are installed?
Has anybody secured the v-berth and aft-cabin beads to prevent their opening in case of a roll?
Any other thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.