Re: Fresh water pump pressure problem

Martin <yachtcaduceus@...>

Thank you for all of the very helpful replies to my problem. The problem was correctly identified and once I realised that the boss on the non visble end of the accumulator was in fact a cap over the schrader valve and not part of the pressing correcting the problem was a matter of a few minutes. The bicycle track pump that we carry for our folding cycles has now found another vital role.

For information, the 54 has a single accumulator tank mounted under the water pump. The shrader valve is on the forward end of the tank under a stainless steel screw off cover. The pressure marked on the tank for maximum re-inflation is 1.5 bar, about 22psi.

For the record the Thiery in the after sales department at Amel responded immediately to my request for how to find the valve with three very clear photographs.

Martin Bevan
Caduceus
Amel 54 #56
Fort Lauderdale, Florida