Lovely piece of timber

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi all
After we bought Ocean Pearl, we found in a locker a magnificent piece of timber of the same genre as the rest of the interior. It is 55mm square and 780mm long. No holes, no adornment, nicely finished and varnished. Never found a use for it, and cannot imagine one.I have a small joinery project for which this timber would be ideal. However I am loth to cut it up as so often I have found things on board that have a use I was not aware of. Does anyone else have this piece of timber and does anyone know what it is for????.
Kind regards
Danny
SM299 Ocean Pearl.
Mangonui