Re: [Amel] Re: Water Under Salon Floor

john martin <symoondog@...>

I agree with richard on this. I owned a boat with an open bildge to the salon area for 30 years putting up with the smell of diesel and bildge odors. Now when any one comes aboard it's just the cooking odor are whatever. I've been lucky and have never had a drop of water in the main cabin bildge. I used to get a little in the one outside of the forward head until I learned to change the lip seal on the bow thruster regular and grease the shaft. Any how, my solution for checking the bildge daily was to put the wine in under the main floor hatches.
John "Moon Dog" SM 248To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: richard03801@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:47:18 -0400
Subject: Re: [Amel] Re: Water Under Salon Floor

Hi the simple answer is that with an open port to the engine room the odors and mold would invade the boat.

Regards SM 209 for sale in Annapolis

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Mar 31, 2012, at 10:35, "svsummerlove" <svsummerlove@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks Eric. I think those would be great as spares.
I'm still wondering why the water doesn't drain into the engine room bilge by design though. It's a lot easier to have the bilge pump and its automatic float switch taking care of the water, than having to rig up a stand-by system when needed. Unless one is constantly checking under the salon floor for the water level, or has installed alarm switches like Bill on Bebe, it probably wouldn't be apparent until the water got above the floor.
Steve,
SM 340
Summer Love
--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Sailormon <kimberlite@...> wrote:
I keep a very large Edson Diaphragm pump in the bilge in front of the sink along with its hoses, I also keep an electric 24 volt ,3200GPH pump with hoses and electrical cable with battery clips attached in an adjoining bilge. These would be my pumps to use in an emergency.
Fair Winds
Eric
Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite
_____