From: Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@yahoo.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 11 April 2012 2:26 PM
Subject: [Amel] Maramu #29 - refinishing inside of water tank

One of the sections inside the water tank has gel coat or whatever Amel used peeling off of it in a few sections. My guess is there was some contamination or something that reduced adhesion at time of manufacture. I've spoken to a few people about what to use and it sounds like an epoxy paint approved for use in potable water systems may work best.

Just curious if anyone else with an older Maramu has done anything in the inside of their tanks. Luckily this is one of the forward tank sections and relatively easy to reach.

Our keel bolts and backing plates look great. Very impressive for a 33 year old boat.

I'll get some pictures before I put it back together.