Re: [Amel] Maramu #29 - refinishing inside of water tank

Dave_Benjamin

Hi Conn and Kirsty,

I've had an email exchange with Joel Potter who told me our experience is typical. Amels don't seem to have any keel bolt issues like other older boats so often do. When I get pictures posted you'll see that most of the bolts look like they were installed a month ago. you can visually inspect the bolts next time you clean your water tanks. They are plainly visible on our boat but I think some Amels have the bolts covered with some sort of epoxy. I have found a pressure washer useful for cleaning the tanks.

By the way, I've been impressed from what I've seen of the Mango. Seems like a larger Maramu with some common features of the SM but it retains the simplicity of the Maramu. Hope you are enjoying yours.

Regards,

Dave Benjamin
S/V Exit Strategy
Maramu #29

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Conn Williamson <connwilliamson@...> wrote:

Thats good to hear about your keel bolts Dave, I often wonder about ours if they should be checked / inspected on our 30 year old Mango. Did you remove any for inspection.

Conn & Kirsty
Mango # 28 SV Jasmyn
Townsville Marina