From: asm283 [mailto:no_reply@...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 7:32 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] BATTERY LIFE, SULAJON

The batteries that come with the boat are mediocre at best. If you
got 2 1/2 years out of them you did good. I replaced my original set
this year with a set of group 27 trojans wich gace me 40 extra amps
(24v). They seem to be working well. I too use both chargers. I have
the 50 and the 30 amp. Maybe you have the 100 amp charger and it
should not be used in conjuction with the 30 amp. One thing that I
did notice is that the link 10 monitor for some reason resets itself
to a lower amp hour reading safter a few days. So that a full charge
rating may not be a full charge.

Vito Ciaravino

Wanderer

ASM 283

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "jfolino901"
<jfolino901@y...> wrote:
--- In amelyachtowners@..., Claude Roessiger
<nearlynothing@y...> wrote:
I have SM#308 and we are now on the third set of
batteries. (Incidentally, we were told that one could
run both chargers together, but that now seems
countermanded.) On my old Maramu I used to get 5 years
from batteries. I don't know the answer.
Claude Roessiger

Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster
http://search.yahoo.com
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. I HAVE BEEN RUNNING BOTH CHARGERS. IS
THIS WRONG?
JOHN FOLINO SM #347, SULAJON

_____

Yahoo! Groups Links