Re: [Amel] Re: perkins m60 replacement

Eric Lindholm <etlindholm@...>

Maramus require 28 hp to cruise at 6.5 knots calm seas and 59 hp to hit max speed. The engines are the same except for the turbo basically. My yanmar dealer who is a nationally recognized repower whiz recomended the 75 hp not just for the extra power, but he said the turbo version would provide increased economy and no extra maintenance if you just follow yanmars guidelines. I did all the work myself and can give you some tips if you do the same. Using the old trans makes the job pretty simple, almost like reinstalling the old motor. It is pretty straightforward.
I like the extra power going against weather. I also run the most powerful fixed prop, as it does no good to have extra power if you can't apply it. Performance is much better all around in all areas. You will be very happy.

Eric Maramu 105