Re: Overhaul electric motors

koenvelleman <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Willem J. Kroes"
<w.kroes@h...> wrote:
Hallo Amel owners,

As second owner of 'Kavanga', a 1992 Santorin, I am preparing the
boat this winter for a longer trip this sommer. In that proces I
want to overhaul the electric motors for the main sail and more in
particular the gear boxes attached to these motors.
The motor attached to the mast came off without any problem, but
the
one attached to the boom gives me problems. Although I removed the
two screws it will not come off. I can feel coupling between the
Anderson line tender on top of the boom and the shaft coming out
of
the gear box.
Is there anyone who knows the tric?

Best Regards,

Willem J. Kroes
Hi,

You have to unscrew the bolt fixing the pulley on top of the boom

Koen