Re: [Amel] Wind generator

john martin <symoondog@...>

We have ours about 6 feet below the mizzen spreader. Easy to service and it looks like it belongs there as its a good compliment to the radar dome. A little problem with the mizzen ballloner, but very minor. If If I would stick a big pole on the back of my boat to hold a wind generator, my wife would kill me. She won't even let me put on davits.!! Not on her pretty boat !!. John, "Moon Dog" SM 248

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: jluc.mertz@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 14:57:19 +0200
Subject: Re: [Amel] Wind generator

Be careful a wind generator on the mizzen is particularly ugly !!
JLUC
CottonBay
02/05/2012 20:18, p.aebersold a écrit :

Hello, I intend to install a Wind Generator on top of the mizzen.
Now, there are two antennas, the longer ist most probably for the
fastnet radio (navtex)and measures 150cm. If I install the generator
on the mizzen, the pole of the generator has to be about 200cm to
avoid the generator touching the antenna. Is this possible or should I
rather consider the mounting in the stern by a separate pole?

Thank you for all type of comment
Paul
SM Luna Blu