Re: [Amel] fuel tank maramu #261 1989

David Wallace

Ross, we installed an inspection port without moving the tank at all with no problem. After you remove the wood on top, unless your tank is taller than ours, there's about 16" of clearance under the overhead. Incidentally, we installed a port in the very forward end, the section where the fuel is drawn from, and the tank/fuel was so clean that we didn't add anymore ports.

Dave,
s/v Air Ops
Maramu #104

On May 7, 2012, at 8:30 AM, rossny@... wrote:

Hello,
Has anyone removed the fuel tank from an old maramu? Will it fit past the navigation desk and then up through the hatch ? What will I have to remove? I want to cut in
Inspection ports and as you know there is limited room to work above the installed tank.
Thank you,
Ross