Aft Climma unit trips fuse even when switch turned off at the unit

Mark Hayden

We are on a SM2k. I have my aft Climma unit turned off on its control panel (rocker switch in neutral between Cold/Heat). Then I turn the power on the boats AC panel ("Clim Ar"). It immediately trips the shore fuse and/or the boats main AC fuse (in compartment behind the panel). All the other Climma units work fine (when actually testing, all other AC power load is off.

I checked the capacitors and they are mostly fine (though the fan capacitors are 50% off from their rated values). However, I get the sense there may be a short somewhere else causing the problem... anyone else had this happen?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
SV Northfork #331