From: John and Anne on Bali Hai
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 5:02 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mizzen Traveller

I agree that cockpit control is very desirable and arranged it in a
different way. My method can be seen in "Photos" under SM319 Bali
Hai. The original traveller is used with the addition of some parts
sold by Lewmar for, if I remember correctly a size 1 track. The
control lines run forward to the cockpit with simple plastic jammers
fixed forward and inboard of the handrails.

I was more concerned about leaving the cockpit to adjust the
downhaul on the main boom. This was easily solved by getting two
blocks with quick release clips, one for each side of the boat. A
line is run from the becket on each block through the block on the
boom, back through the new block on the toerail and back to the aft
winch in the cockpit. The line needs to be two metres longer than
the original one. With this arrangement it is much easier to shape
the main with less traveller adjustment and it also makes it
possible to gybe the main under complete control at every stage.
Actually I only used one new block as I reversed the original block
so that the jammer was out of the way and then only used one of the
sheaves.
This alteration works like a dream for us.

Try it! Anne and John, Bali Hai SM319

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor