De : Conn Williamson <connwilliamson@...>
À : "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Envoyé le : jeudi 24 mai 2012 6h09
Objet : Re: [Amel] rudder cables

How do you go about greasing them.
Conn Williamson
SV  Jasmyn Mango #28

________________________________
From: Serge Tremblay <laetitiaii@...>
To: Amel owners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Thursday, 24 May 2012 8:22 AM
Subject: [Amel] rudder cables

After 20 years of service the rudder cables had to be replaced on my Mango (#51), regretably one of the cables (Morse Type) broke just a day before entering the Med after a pleasant Atlantic crossing, and the emergency tiller had to be rigged and was used for a few days...

These cables must be greased, once in a while... and as an added security, before crossing the Atlantic from the Med, I installed a Autohelm electric pilot directly connected to one of the "tiller" arms connected to the controling cables, so that in the event of problems at the the helm, the autopilot could be used to steer.

Serge V/Opera