Re: [Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Special insurance rates for Amel owners]

PFM53 <pfm53@...>

While we were in the Med, we insured our Super Maramu (PFM) with Pantanius
When we moved her to Trinidad, the rates became excessive and restrictive -
couldn't go into US waters. So, we found Offshore Risk Management in Florida,
and now have a US-based carrier with minimal restrictions on our sailing.

Jerry Trimm

"Ian Shepherd" <g4ljf@compuserve.com> wrote:

Dear Ron & Heather,

I was a bit late reading this as I have been traveling lately, but
Assurances Maritimes do a very good insurance deal for Super Maramu 2000
yachts. I believe that if you are US registered, then perhaps you might
have a problem. I am with them and I deal with Jean-Marc Bloch who is not
only extremely pleasant, but he also speaks very good English. They also
recognize that you don't need a large crew on an Amel, unlike some
insurance
companies these days.

The best way to contact him would be by email which is:
contact@ASSURANCES-DELASSEE.COM If you want to call or fax them, the
numbers are: Phone +33 (0)5 46 45 46 45 Fax +33 (0)5 46 44 11 26.

Good luck

Ian Shepherd

SM # 414 ********