Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Special insurance rates for Amel owners

Ian Shepherd <g4ljf@...>

Hi Ron & Heather,

I am sorry to hear that Assurances Maritimes will not cover you down under.
I would assume that is because you are there permanently? The standard
policy covers you anywhere between 60N and 30S. However, when I queried how
I would ever get to New Zealand, they told me just to let them know when I
would be south of 30S and they would amend the cover, I believe at no cost.
I did test this whilst in Greenland. When hurricane Kate took a path towards
southern Greenland, I had to run north of 60N to find good shelter. I
emailed them and got an immediate OK.

I am a bit surprised at the southern latitude limit, but they explained that
they had incurred losses around the Cape Agulhas area in South Africa and so
the underwriters wished to deter free sailing in that area, but they would
allow yachts to go further south upon request, presumably based upon
experience.

I wish you all the best in getting the cover you want.

Best Wishes

Ian Shepherd

SM414 Crusader

From: "Ian Shepherd" <g4ljf@compuserve.com>
To: <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Date: SunMon 28 17Mar 0220042002 023:01 AM

Dear Ron & Heather,

I was a bit late reading this as I have been traveling lately, but
Assurances Maritimes do a very good insurance deal for Super Maramu 2000
yachts. I believe that if you are US registered, then perhaps you might
have a problem. I am with them and I deal with Jean-Marc Bloch who is not
only extremely pleasant, but he also speaks very good English. They also
recognize that you don't need a large crew on an Amel, unlike some
insurance
companies these days.

The best way to contact him would be by email which is:
contact@ASSURANCES-DELASSEE.COM If you want to call or fax them, the
numbers are: Phone +33 (0)5 46 45 46 45 Fax +33 (0)5 46 44 11 26.

Good luck

Ian Shepherd

SM # 414 ********

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT