Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow thruster Problem

kimberlt <kimberlt@...>

I believe the calculation is in error.

1 horsepower running is 746 watts. 10 hp= 7460 watts divided by 24 volts
equals 310 amps while running.

The starting load could be as high as 590 amps.

If I remember from our training class it was mentioned to use the thruster
for no more than 10 seconds at a time.

I don’t believe there is a fuse on the bow thruster.

Fair winds,

Eric

_____