Re: perkins m60 replacement

Dave_Benjamin

Album name is Exit Strategy if the link doesn't work.

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Dave_Benjamin" <dave_benjamin@...> wrote:

Ross,

Congrats! We have a different brand muffler. It's a decent sized FRP water lift type. I'll have to check for you. I think the hose is larger than 3" but I'm not sure. Our muffler is mounted off to the port side and Eric's is mounted where the stock muffler was just over the shaft. I like where ours is situated. I'll look through my pictures or take one in the next day or two to send. Do you still use the same email address I would have from previous conversation?

I have a 19x14 in prop. I think it's a bit under-pitched. The boat has lots of power. I'm having a conversation with Kiwi-Prop about their new 4 blade props. That's a pretty intriguing product and a lot less money than a Max-Prop.

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "rossny@" <rossny@> wrote:

Dave and Eric, Thanks for all the info, I now have a new 75hp bolted in my Maramu and was wondering which muffler you used. Was it a Vetus? Which model? Yanmar specs 3" hose and muffler so needs replacement.
Also...what prop changes were done to take advantage of the extra HP? Eric did you get a chance to check the prop size?
Any other tips will be appreciated.
ThaNK YOU ALL,
Ross
Maramu #261 1989

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Eric Lindholm <etlindholm@> wrote:

Dave I will have to check my records next time I am at the boat and let you
know. I think it is a 19" diameter by 17" pitch, but I requested a prop with the
greatest blade area I could get. I found that when I was pushing into the
weather with the original Amel supplied prop, that my speed was going down, but
my RPM was staying the same, so it was not a power issue, but the prop slipping.
I should be by the boat this week. Eric