From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of Richard03801
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 9:53 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel] MARAMU RUB RAIL REPLACEMENT

There is a rubber replaceable rub rail on the Maramu that is copper nailed into place. One pre drills the nail holes after fitting the rubber. The system works well and lasts. Your SM is a hard rail.

Regards

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On May 31, 2012, at 22:54, "murray k. seidel" <mseidel@... <mailto:mseidel%40ec.rr.com> > wrote:

I previously wrote as to how we used thick strips of starboard cut on a table saw and using a router were shaped as needed with rounded edges.. These were screwed into the groove in the rub rail protruding 3/16 to ΒΌ inch beyond. Painted the old brown rub rail a beautiful royal blue with awl grip and put the white starboard IN THE GROOVE. If you have any defects, use epoxy and fiberglass to fix. My boot top is a bright red from awl grip yielding a dramatic improvement in the hull appearance and an indestructible rub rail.

Entire cost less than 800 dollars.. Murray Seidel, Sundance SM 349