Re: [Amel] Replacement of the Bow Thruster Nylon Hub and Propeller

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

If you have the special tool, use it. We have lost our bow prop twice. Once when entering the Kiel Canal which forced us ro use
The tool at anchor. No problems at all.

/ Annsofie & Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila. SM232
present at Korcula, Croatia

Skickat från min iPhone

7 jun 2012 kl. 06:38 skrev "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...>:

Yesterday I did something stupid and lost the bow thruster propeller, or at least I think that's what happened when a line got entangled with the propeller.

My question is to someone who has had to replace a propeller while in the water:

Would you dive and do it assuming you have the dive equipment, or would you use the special tool, assuming this will be your first time with the special tool?

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Fethiye, Turkey