Bowthruster Problem

dimitriskrassopoulos <dkra@...>

Thanks to all for the support. I really know now more than before.
It is excellent that we have a forum for our boats. So in reply to
Ian I think that Kimberlitt is right the Link 10 instrument is
reading more than 300 Amperes when I moved the joystick of the
thruster.

I know that you have to use the thruster only for small bursts but
it is better to save the boat than the thruster. However I also
thought that there is a fuse to stop the thruster as it is one for
the anchor but there is not any and Amel replied to me that there is
not possible to find a fuse that can withstand all these amperes. So
be beware that you can damage the thruster and run into a fire
disaster if you use it for longer period.

Now I will think my next step. I will use the thruster cautiously
over the Easter vacations and then remove it from the boat for a
closer look by an electrician and decide if I need to buy a new
motor.

Happy Easter to all

Dimitris Krassopoulos
Alma Libre