Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bowthruster Problem

Ian Shepherd <g4ljf@...>

Hi Dimitris,

yes you are right. You don't need expensive equipment to read the current
taken by the bow thruster motor. The Link 10 will show the discharge current
for free.

I may have been mistaken about the 160 amps that I thought the motor
normally draws. It's been several years since I measured it. As I have been
deprived of my boat since last October, I cannot do a test at the moment and
see what it should be, but I am sure that there are others out there who
could operated the joystick and see what current the Link 10 is showing? It
would be a good comparison for you. If they are also showing around 300
amps, then you are probably OK. This seems to fit the calculation. I hope to
be back on board Crusader mid May, and I will do a similar test and let you
know.

As I have to sail to Malta to complete VAT paid formalities, I may well be
in your area after a visit to Croatia. Time for an ouzo or two? Do you have
on board email and SSB?

Fair winds

Yasu

Ian Shepherd (Larnaca Cyprus)