From: Richard03801 <richard03801@yahoo.com>
To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel] Rigging problems Amel 54

The early 54' s had a " boot" added to strengthen the main mast.

Regards

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Jun 30, 2012, at 9:21, Tony Robinson <tonywrobinson51@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am just about to take delivery of an Amel 54 (2008 model). I have been told that there was a defect in the original mast/rig, and Amel re-called all 54's back for modifications. Can anyone enlighten me what the problem (s) were, and the solution ? I was also told there was a court case over the issue.

Thanks, Tony Robinson.