Hot water heater.

John and Anne on Bali Hai <hollamby@...>

Hi Gary,
The element is 500 watts. To replace it you will need a new plastic
seal and an anode.I know because my cylinder is sitting in my
cockpit awaiting spares from Quick through their local agency in
Malta who are anything but quick. I suggest you get two lots of
anodes and seals!!!
This is my second attempt to reply, the first one gave detailed
instructions on how to do it but got lost as I failed to do the
reply properly on this system. If you are going to do it yourself
let me know and I will draft a new set of hints.
The most important thing to remember is that when you or a tech
finally gets the thing open, it is essential to work fast at
descaling as the scale is like butter at first and soon like
concrete.
One or other part will be descaled first and the other should be
kept wet until dealt with.
Oh,by the way, the anode is a rod about 10 inches long with a female
thread in one end and bears no resemblance to the ones that M.Selo
sent me.

Good luck, John Bali Hai, SM319