Re: [Amel] Re: Which boat do you recommend?

Look@iPadRing.net <look@...>

I freely admit my prejudice- I love Amel 54 ketchs. We'll fit....somehow.

On 07/12/2012 03:28 AM, jjjk12s wrote:

Earl,

I have just read Richard Piller's post and, if it is in your budget,
an Amel 54 does look a good option with the extra cabin. 4 kids up
from in two cabins (maybe a leeboard in the middle of the double berth
in the port cabin) and one kid in the walkway berth and mum and dad in
the aft stateroom...luxury.

John, Popeye Maramu #91

--- In amelyachtowners@...
<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>, "Look@..." <look@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm not an Amel owner....yet. But I'm looking for your advice. There
are 7 of us in my family (5 kids under 12) and we're looking for an Amel
(ketch) that'll comfortably fit us. I've looked online at various Amel
53 Super Maramu's which look most suitable to me. However, we do need
sleeping space...that's for sure.

Amel's look like a true and strong blue-water cruiser and the 53's are
probably the length we'd need.

Our cruising plans? Well, let's just say we'd like to be able to sail
around the world in a well built boat.

Oh, a new Amel is out of our price range.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas? I sure would like to hear your
ideas.

Earl

--
www.eBookRing.net

www.iPadRing.net

The designer and maker of the original eBook & iPad Ring
The perfect stand for eReaders, iPads, iPhones, tablet computers and
other electronic devices.

Patent Pending