Re: [Amel] Which boat do you recommend?

Duncan Hagemeyer

Earl,

I purchased an A54 last year. So I do not have extensive experience with
the boat and how a group of people can function in the space. On two
occasions I did have friends with family onboard. For a week I had a family
of 4 and myself..5 people.

I cannot imagine how 7 people, no matter how small they are could fit on a
boat that is essentially designed for 1 to 4 people. I am 65 and solo sail
about half of the time. So maybe my mindset is at the other end of the
spectrum.

With 7 and the real possibility that from time to time other friends will
wish to come along for trips, I have to advice that the Amel is not the boat
for you. Judging from your comment that a 54 is not in your budget, I have
to advise that you begin to consider a catamaran. The kids will thank you!

On one point you are correct.the Amel will take you around the world

Duncan