Re: [Amel] Which boat do you recommend?

Look@iPadRing.net <look@...>

It's not budget concerns so much...nor do I wish to spend a lot of money
on what I don't need...and on a boat that's just overpriced. I've found
"you get what you pay for".

Catamarans. No real decision on them yet. The problem is extra
maintenance and dual engines. As to size- you're probably correct- we'd
only fit in a cat. Honestly, I think they look really goofy. Again, the
size issues are most important.

Thanks for your ideas, Duncan.

On 07/12/2012 09:02 AM, Duncan wrote:

Earl,

I purchased an A54 last year. So I do not have extensive experience with
the boat and how a group of people can function in the space. On two
occasions I did have friends with family onboard. For a week I had a
family
of 4 and myself..5 people.

I cannot imagine how 7 people, no matter how small they are could fit on a
boat that is essentially designed for 1 to 4 people. I am 65 and solo sail
about half of the time. So maybe my mindset is at the other end of the
spectrum.

With 7 and the real possibility that from time to time other friends will
wish to come along for trips, I have to advice that the Amel is not
the boat
for you. Judging from your comment that a 54 is not in your budget, I have
to advise that you begin to consider a catamaran. The kids will thank you!

On one point you are correct.the Amel will take you around the world

Duncan

From: amelyachtowners@...