Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel Water Heater - Quick B45

Ian Shepherd <g4ljf@...>

I have been reading the discussions regarding water tank anode replacement
with some concern as when I took delivery of boat # 414 I was told that
there was not an anode in the tank when I tried to order some spares.

However, having just made a visit to the yard, I have confirmed that this is
correct for the new model of tank now fitted made by Isotemp. It is all
stainless steel with a glass lining and so there should be no more red water
problem (originating from the copper heating coil disolving when the anode
has gone), and no more of that dreadfully messy job of replacing the anode
at frequent intervals. I think I had to do it around every six months on the
previous boat.

I guess that time will tell if the Isotemp tank does indeed live up to
expectations, but it might be worthwhile considering upgrading from the
Quick to the Isotemp?

Just a thought

Regards

Ian Shepherd 'Crusader'