Re: Navigation station seating addition

Dave_Benjamin

I had Garhauer make a spring loaded chair mount for our Maramu. We don't have as much space as the SM for a permanently mounted chair so I wanted something that tucked against the bulkhead when not in use. Have not fabricated the seat yet. Thinking of laminating 5 or 6 thin layers of wood for the bottom. No idea on the backrest yet. I got the idea from a Catalina that we built a set of sails for. Garhauer was reasonable and did a nice job. It was made a bit different than the ones they make for Catalina but same concept. One of these days I might even get it installed.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "sy INDECENT" <gmcerillo@...> wrote:

Hello all,

After sitting countless hours at the navigation station in discomfort due to lack of support for my back, we decided to add a back to the existing stool and a swivel. We had a large piece of wood under one of the bunks we decided to use and had a local canvas guru add the finish of leather. The photos are under Navigation Station seating addition link is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amelyachtowners/photos/album/1674207218/pic/list

Cheers,

SM2K #353 Indecent

George and Kim Cerillo
Cabo Rojo, PR