Re: propellor shaft alternator

davidlambertsen...

Richard,<br><br>Yes, please find the model number
of your Motorola Marine alternator, if you can.
Prestolite bought Motorola Marine, but cannot match up my
Valeo part numbers.<br><br>I checked my notes from a
conversation with Valeo. The correct 25 amp alternator works
at 380 RPM, not 680. Most alternators will not
produce electricity with less than 1100 RPM, I
believe.<br><br>My problem is that Amel wants about $750 plus
shipping for this alternator!<br><br>I would appreciate
your help. Thanks, David<br><br>I would appreciate
your help. Thanks. David