Mainsail furler gearbox - Amel 54

Martin <yachtcaduceus@...>

It appears that ou mainsail furler gearbox has a major problem under mtor it makes noises as of a collapsed bearing and is more or less seized and very difficult to turn using a winch handle. I have removed it from the mast but am having difficulty breaking into it. Can anyone offer advice please. It may be that I will require a replacement from Amel but would like to see what exactly has gone wrong in the gearbox. I have the earlier mainsail furler where the motor projects from the mast, similar to the SM2000.

Regards,
Martin Bevan
Caduceus
Amel 54 #56