[Amel] Re: Correction- Calpeda Air conditioning pump

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Eric,

If you want to replace what you have with a magnetic drive pump, the March Pump AC-5C-MD 230v 1020gph would be your ticket. One like this one would work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/March-pump-AC-5C-MD-115v-1020-gph-max-replacement-pump-for-Cruisair-PMA1000-/360477465339?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item53ee219afb#ht_688wt_699

I bought one of these from this eBay seller and carry it as a spare for the A/C water pump. It is a little over spec'd for the low pressure pump for the 160l Dessalator, but I believe it would be fine. But, without trying it on the Dessalator, I cannot be sure.

It is a magnetic drive which is what I believe Richard was talking about when he said water cooled bearing. The motor and the pump are completely separated with the impeller spinning magnetically.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Marmaris, Turkey

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Sailormon <kimberlite@> wrote:

Hi Richard,

I could not find this part number in the Budget marine catalog.

Do youi have another descriptiob?

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite