Re: [Amel] Re: Correction- Calpeda Air conditioning pump

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

There is a pair of flow tubes that cool the bearings/bushings at the pump side of the motor. The motor has run for days and stays cool. It easily handles the 28,000 btu cooling needs of the AC units even in 80-85 deg F water.

Regards

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Aug 2, 2012, at 10:07, "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Richard,

Are you sure that the bearing was water-cooled and not the pump bushing/seal?

Bill

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Richard <richard03801@...> wrote:

We replaced the large pump Amel supplied with a much smaller is size same capacity pump from Budget Marine in St Marrtin part no: MCH 125 075-03 that has water cooled bearing 230volts 50/60 cycle. approx $310 US no more motor issues.
SM209 For SALE

Regards
Richard Piller
1-603-767-5330

On Aug 1, 2012, at 3:07, "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Eric,

Some capacitors have twin connection poles on each side which allows a parallel connection.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Sailormon <kimberlite@> wrote:

Does anyone know the specs on the raw water AC pump capacitor on the
Calpeda pump. It has 4 connections; I do not understand why 4. Possibly 2
run and 2 start? But it is one unit.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite