Re: [Amel] Windgenerator on mizzen

john martin <symoondog@...>

The generator will not interfere with the stay sail. You just have to be a little careful putting it up and down, as the halyard can hit the blades. A small price to pay for keeping your Amel looking good. I also put my two 130 watt solar panels on top of the aft cabin using stainless steel pipe and clamps. The only hole I had to drill was a small hole in the mizzen mast to run the wire down to the batteries. You can see a picture of it on my photos. The wind generator and solar panels have been on the boat for ten years, no problems, and she looks great.!!!!! John "Moon Dog" SM 248
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: mkbiz@online.de
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:30:46 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Windgenerator on mizzen

Hi !

I am new Maramu owner (#148) and I am still trying to figure out how everything works :)

I plan to install a windgenerator and from some posts here I figured that a windgenerator in front of the mizzen on a bracket would prevent the use of the mizzen stay sail. And on top of the mizzen it just looks too ugly.

So I wonder how often the mizzen stay sail gets really used in real world conditions and if I can afford to loose it.

Michael