Re: [Amel] Question for Maramu owners (and Joel Potter of course)

David Wallace

Hi Dave,
I did replace that hose, by reaching under the pan from the center section. The access, under the threshhold for the head door, is about 4" tall and 18" long. I can't positively tell you whether the access is original or not, since I'm not on the boat. At any rate, it's obviously a little tricky since you're working blind, but it's doable. On our boat, water leaking at the connection (or from the hoses/connections to the sink will spill partially into the center section and can easily be mopped up. And vice versa for any water leaking into the center section.

Best regards,

Dave
s/v Air Ops
Maramu #104
Puerto Escondido, BCS, Mx

On Aug 20, 2012, at 9:15 PM, Dave_Benjamin wrote:

I have been replacing some of the hoses attached to the T fitting near centerline, inboard of the forward head. Here's the questions:

If there were to be a leak under the shower pan, for example at the point the drain hose attaches, how does that area under the pan drain?

If anyone has replaced the drain hose for the shower drain, did you remove the shower pan or install an inspection port?

Thanks for any assistance.