Re: [Amel] Lewmar replacement winch switches

Sailing Vessel &#92; Bozo Cinq&#92; <bozocinq@...>

Hi Lior,

These switches were sent to me because of the recall as a result of tragic
incident in which they discover a problem with the switches. The replacement
switches are a real change from the original switches-particularly in the
size of the switches (about 50% bigger and inch and half longer). The kit
included all of the items needed to install the switches such as a special
hole drill bit along with a template. Also, included was a special switch
that was about 3/4 in shorter than the rest of the switches so it could fit
in the starboard cockpit location. This was suppose to allow the switch to
fit without having to go thru the ceiling in the walk way. However, the
switch was still to long. The solution was to make a 5/8" thick spacer out
of a very hard piece of plastic that raised the switch about 5/8" above the
deck therefore leaving enough room to install the switch without going thru
the walk way ceiling. The template that came with the installation kit was
exactly the right size and used that as the template to make the spacer. It
is hardly noticeable so it worked out okay. THE ONE THING THAT I HIGHLY
RECOMMEND IS TO HIRE A PROFESSIONAL TO INSTALL THESE SWITCHES!!!!!

Gary
Bozo Cinq, AMEL 54 #44