Re: [Amel] Windgenerator on mizzen

john martin <symoondog@...>

Michael, My generator is about 6 to 8 feet below the radar. I believe about 12 feet off the aft cabin top. Makes it easy to service. Being low like that is probaly why it doesn't interfere with the balloner and you don't notice it being there. John

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: mkbiz@online.de
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 06:17:44 +0000
Subject: Re: [Amel] Windgenerator on mizzen

Hello John,

thanks for your input, but I think dimensions are a bit different on a SM. I test rigged my stay sail and it already has some problems with the radom, so I can't really see how to put a generator above the radom without getting blocked by the halyard. I also don't have a balloner for the mizzen stay sail, just the standard white one.

Michael