U.S. Recreational Vessels Exempt from 96-Hour Advanced Notice of Arrival Reqts

Zanareva

Conversations with the USCG subsequent to the May 21, 2004 bulletin
have revealed additional information regarding the 96-Hour Advance
Notice of Arrival (ANOA) regulation. The regulation, adopted in
February 28, 2003, includes a correction made by the USCG. The
correction was included in the Federal Register on November 10, 2003
and amended the regulation to clarify exempt vessels.

We are pleased to announce that U.S. recreational vessels are exempt
from the ANOA requirements.

Who Is Required to File An ANOA?

U.S. Flagged Commercial Vessels
Foreign Flagged Recreational and Commercial Vessels
How to I file my Advance Notice of Arrival (ANOA)?

If you are operating a foreign commercial or recreational vessel or
U.S. commercial vessel 300 GT or less, you must file an ANOA with
the appropriate Captain of the Port (COTP). The Miami COTP area
encompasses from Malabar to Cape Romano, Florida including the
Florida Keys. Their contact information is as follows: (Ph.) (305)
535-8701 (Fax) (305) 535-8761. After downloading and completing the
ANOA form, it must be faxed to the COTP.

If you are operating a foreign commercial or recreational vessel or
U.S. commercial vessel greater than 300 GT, you must file an ANOA
with the National Vessel Movement Center (NVMC) 96 hours prior to
arriving at a U.S. port. This ANOA can be either completed online or
via an electronic form that can be emailed to the NVMC at
sans@nvmc.uscg.gov. To complete an online ANOA or to download the
ANOA form, visit http://www.nvmc.uscg.gov/. Instructions for
utilizing the online service are included in the attached ANOA
brochure. The NVMC can also be contacted at (800) 708-9823.

What do I do if I file an ANOA and my estimated time of arrival
changes?

If your cruise duration is 96 hours or greater, the appropriate
authorities must be notified as soon as practicable but at least 24
hours before entering the port.
If your cruise duration is less than 96 hours and greater than 24
hours, the appropriate authorities must be notified as soon as
practicable but at least 24 hours before entering the port.
If your cruise duration is less than 24 hours, the appropriate
authorities must be notified as soon as practicable but at least 12
hours before entering the port.
If you filed your ANOA online with the NVMC, you must email your
itinerary changes. If you filed your ANOA with the COTP, you must
either call the COTP to notify them of your changes or fax a revised
ANOA.