Re: Calpeda AC Pump

Mark,

The squealing is the bearings...the water leak is the mechanical seal.

It is a very good and very solid pump also very basic...repair it with new bearings and seal...it will last another 5-8 years...then do it again. Get the water-well shop to also check the impeller...it is metal, but may be in need of replacement, based on the age of your boat. Also, there are some drain plugs on the cast iron pump housing...check these as they tend to deteriorate. Check the check-valve on the output...it probably needs to be replaced as well.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "captain_cucumber_head" <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Thank you for the information. The pump is running a little rough and makes an occasional squeal. It has also leaked a very tiny amount of water. This leads me to the bearings and seals as a good place to start. I had never thought of a well water shop; what a great idea. I'll buy a new capacitor while I'm at it. It seems to me that this would be a good item in the spare parts bag just to keep Murphy away. Thanks again!

Mark

Cream Puff
SM #275

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "captain_cucumber_head" <mcerdos@> wrote:

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me with the model number of the blue Calpeda 220vac pump used for salt water cooling of the AC units. The brass plate on my pump is corroded and I am not able to clearly see the specs. This is for a 1999/2000 model SM. Thanks.

Mark

Cream Puff
SM #275