Wind Generators Comparison

Barry <seagasm@...>

I have been watching with interest, the different comments about wind generators on this site. Back in 2008 we installed on our SM a Rutland 913 at a cost of about $1800.00 AUD incl SS stand secured to the port quarter SS railing. To be honest, I regard this form of accessory a total waste of time and expense. With the availability of better solar panels available, that would be the path I would consider to go down. The other alternative of course is just to burn diesel.

I recently read an article at http://www.naviclub.com/Test_compara...nes_marine.pdf and I suggest those who still want to go down that path read it first. Bear in mind, I believe the test results conducted were relating to a 12volt DC, since our vessels are 24volt DC, divide the results in half. Also, our battery banks are 400AH plus, deduct your average consumption and what do you get????

Best Regards
Barry & Robyn
Tradewinds III SM 171