Re: [Amel] Re: Maramu performances by engine and sails

Kimberly Cerillo <kcvabeach@...>

Hi Giogi,

We do not have the vast experience of many other Amel owners but this is
what we have found -

Our boat has been our home and we have seen 9-10 knots under excellent
sailing conditions. Motoring in flat calm at 22-25 RPM 7.5-8 knots. As we
usually are motor sailing in less than perfect conditions we usually do
about 6-7.5 knots with boat at 2500 – 2800 rpms and a genoa/main or both
out. We have the original feathering prop and a 100 turbo Yanmar.

Each yacht is unique and it will take at least 1 to 2 years for you to
determine your yacht’s optimum performance, it is fun learning and tweaking
along the way.

Best of luck!

George and Kim

SM2K #353 Indecent