Re: [Amel] Sharki modifications and additions

Gene

I have the electric furler and have rebuilt it. Let me know what you need.

Also there is a SSB antenna you can add to your back-stay with out cutting in works great.

Go Sailing

Gene C Carter
PO Box 895
Blaine WA 98231
Cell (360) 815-5388

Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:39 AM
Subject: RE: [Amel] Sharki modifications and additions

Thanks for this! Graham

Our boat came with an SSB and ATU on board. Their older, can't remember the model at the moment both are operational. My biggest problem currently is trying figure out an antenna. The original insulated back stay had been recently replaced without insulators. The Triatic is an option as it is insulated but distance from the ATU is an issue. I haven't looked over the grounding yet. I'll likely be asking more about that and how you did inthe future. I'll check out some things this weekend as well and get back to you.
Something else, do you have the electric furling system on the bow.
If so have you had any problems with it?
Thanks Again!!

Tom
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 13:19
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel] Sharki modifications and additions

I will take some this weekend and get back to you.

Regards
Graham
Sharki 181 Zephyr

Sent: Thursday, 20 September 2012, 10:27
Subject: Re: [Amel] Sharki modifications and additions

Any picture maybe ?

Thanks

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 20/set/2012, alle ore 10:47, "GrahamJohnston42" <mailto:grahamjohnston42%40yahoo.com> ha scritto:

Good day to all Sharki owners,

I have made the following additions to Zephyr that may be of interest to some of you. As all three projects took some thinking and design time I will be pleased to share what information I have.

1) Fit additional autopilot drive. Raymarine Type 2 short linear drive fitted to rudder with changeover switch.

2) Fit 2 x 80w solar panels on swivelling/sliding clamps to rails aft.

3) Fit cockpit enclosure with folding stainless steel framework.

Regards
Graham
Sharki 181 Zephyr

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.