From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dave_Benjamin
Sent: lundi 24 septembre 2012 02:04
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel] Amel history lesson

I had a pleasant surprise recently when I ran across an old Maramu brochure
in German. Our Maramu, hull #29, is featured in the brochure. This was
Henri's personal boat for 6 years and was named Maramu 3. In the picture on
page 7, we see the name on the stern.

Several years ago, someone in La Rochelle told me the boat originally came
with a hank on genoa. I thought perhaps he was mistaken, but the brochure
clearly shows the boat without a furler. When the second owner purchased the
boat in 1985, the yard fitted an electric Nirvana furler, which is still on
the boat.

If you wish to see the brochure, a copy is on my website -
http://islandplanetsails.com/amel/brochure.pdf

In the event someone has a copy of this brochure, I would love to acquire
one.