Da: "karkauai@..." <karkauai@...>
A: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Inviato: Giovedì 27 Settembre 2012 20:14
Oggetto: Re: [Amel] Life raft

When on overnite passages, I take it out of the port locker and lash it to the aft cabintop with easy-to-untie knots and a dedicated sharp knife if needed.  Ditch bag with EPIRB, fishing gear, and hand operated desalinator are in the port cockpit locker.  Satphone and handheld VHF and GPS  are on the shelf to starboard of the companionway.
I'm going to have to purchase a new liferaft when I go out again as this one is 15 yrs old and they won't service it any more.  I'll deploy the old one to see just how difficult it is to do and how hard it is to get aboard once in the water.
I'll let you all know what happens.
Kent
SM 243
KRISTY
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone powered by Alltel