De : Graham Johnston <grahamjohnston42@...>
Objet : Re: [Amel] Rudder cables
À : "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: jeudi 4 octobre 2012 02 h 54

Hi Dave,
We had similar play in our system when we bought Zephyr. The cables are just standard Teleflex type steering cables, in our case Ultraflex M53 19ft F53, and are easily adjusted. At the rudder end of each cable you will find that the cable is mounted in the bulkhead with a circular threaded flange. Simply use a pair of pipe grips to rotate the tubular metal end fitting and adjust both cables equally to remove most of the play. If you go too far the steering with become stiff. We have less than an inch play and the steeering is smooth and free.

I hope that I have explained this well enough if not let me know and I will send some photos.

Regards
Graham